German POWs forcibly removing the corpses of Klooga victims, September 1944
Klooga was a subcamp of the Vaivara concentration camp in northern Estonia that was established in the summer of 1943. The subcamp itself held approximately 2,000-3,000 male and female Jewish prisoners, most from the Vilna ghetto. The camp also held around 100 Soviet POWs. Prior to the camp’s liberation, 2400 Jews and 100 Soviet POWs were massacred by the German and Estonian SS.
/ April 04, 2013 / 25